Re: fighters fighting without ammo

Hi Bruno,

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

> > In fact, what is the "ammo" supposed to represent for fighters?  Certainly
> > not bullets. :-)  Three passes or strafing runs?  Three 100-round bursts?
> > Three volleys of rockets?  It could be argued that a fighter attacking a
> heh... fighters nowadays a multi-system weapon platforms :D
> in this case i suppose they are only areal defense mechanisms, thus i
> vote for the bursts :)

Ammo can represent different things to different targets, and
Xconq can actually deal with this via the 'hit-by' table. In fact,
you can have one weapons platform use different types of ammo for
different types of targets with the 'hit-by' table.

> > I guess if the AIs start to get smarter I'll have to work a little harder.
> heh if the ai gets somewhat stronger we will need skill levels to be
> setted at some time ;)

I think we still have quite a ways to go before we reach that
stage, but I certainly look forward to that day. The AI is
certainly my highest priority in the post-7.5 landscape.