Cannot do anything in water

I was trying to work on my new game module, and now I've found that, if
I try to make a unit move into a water cell (and it can enter water
cells), it expends 1 ACP but does not go anywhere!

I also found that, if a unit can create and build other units at range
>0, and tries to create a unit on water, the newly-created unit instead
appears at a seemingly-random land cell within create-range!

My new module uses the stdterr.g module for terrain, although I don't
see anything in my file or stdterr.g that would cause such behavior.
Could it be a bug in the new pathfinding algorithm?

Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>