Re: Miscellaneous Things

>This is as good a place as any to talk about release philosophy; make
>it doesn't crash instantly on any platform you plan to release for, and
>that you can play a game through to the end

I would add no synch errors in the network game (which is what we have been
wrestling with the last two weeks). Of course, if we had implemented a
feature freeze and not added Peter's new path-finding code we wouldn't have
had synch errors in the first place. But after testing the new code, I
thought it was too good to pass up in 7.5. It makes a huge difference both
for AI and manual play.

The fix I checked in yesterday stops the synch errors but it is a hack that
has other bad consequences. I would rather wait for a real fix from Peter,
who wrote the code.