RE: cheating

Eric McDonald wrote:

> No, security should be dealt with when you're doing the things
> that require security. Perhaps it takes some self-discipline, but
> that discpline pays off in the long run, rather than a headlong
> rush to put in new features.

Eric, I am $60K+ in debt from thinking that way.  Even a volunteer
hobbyist developer has to have a "business model" of some sort, as to
how they spend their time.  Lotsa things can be done now "to prevent
problems later."  But if you are mostly deferring to expected future
benefits, you will go "bankrupt."   One of the basic laws of Getting
Things Done [TM] is you have to mostly deal with your present concerns,
not your future concerns.  There's a budget for future concerns, but it
has to be kept on a diet, it cannot be allowed to consume you.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.