Re: Non flat maps (use pentagons and septagons on maps)

Jakob Ilves a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> The orbiter is back, and in this email I'm considering to take a
> trip to the moon...  And you are welcome to join me on the ride...
> [..]
> Imagine the 32 patches making up a leather football to be a
> playfield for Xconq.  Ok, it would be a heck of a small map but still.

You may enlarge it
- each pentagone of your leather football is an inaceesible area.
- each hexagone is divided into as many hexagone as you want.
You may produce a simily spheric map.

> Actually, by using septagons (7-sided "hexes") in clever
> ways it's possible to create a playfield with "tubes"
> protubing out of or into playfield surfaces.  One can
> have a few large ikosaeders tied together with bridging tubes.
>
> Imagine such a playfield where you have various terrains
> laid out... wow!  Imagine the nightmare

More simple : juste plug the north of the map with the south,
and you will have a cool toric univers. For multi player mode,
it would warant more balnaced initial position, since with the
present ice border, all position are not equivalent.

a+
  manu

PS :
septagons = heptagon ?