Re: Xconq UI thoughts

> And not to state this unfairly, but there's a developer breeding
> mechanism at work in such things.  People who really value AAA
> production values, and who are capable of producing them, move on and
> find a way to make those things in commercial products.  People who
> don't, generally stay behind in hobbyist freeware projects like Xconq.
> I'd love any pointers to specific exceptions that break the general
> rule.  But from where I sit, the people with the drive and talent to
> produce what you're suggesting, generally aren't available as volunteer
> labor.

Of course this totally overlooks the segment of developers that
have both the drive and the talent, but have made other career
choices that they find more fulfilling, __who simply work on a
project as a hobby in their meager free time.

> > (Programmers love keyboards, but see #4.)
>
> No, not all of them do.  I hate 'em.

This explains much....

> Infrastructure should be built for people who are *actually* using it,
> as they actually *need* it.

Could it be?! He _finally_ gets it! Now he understands why there
was no red carpet and royal fanfare waiting for him wrt the
Windows build process. Amazing, he _finally_ gets it....