Re: setgid (was: RE: New Interpreter (was RE: Marketing Xconq?))

> What does Xconq do that requires it to be setgid?

High score list.

In fact, it runs just fine without being setgid, just without the high
score feature.

Are people using the high score feature?  I looked at this a little,
but I didn't figure out exactly what it did.  How interesting is a
high score in last-side-wins games?

See for example record_into_scorefile in score.c.

Anyway, if we want to get rid of having xconq be setgid without
getting rid of the functionality, one way would be to write a small
setgid high score program (which, I suppose, xconq authenticates
itself to or something), so that the setgid-ness only affects a small
chunk of code.