your CVS and testing culture?

It has been suggested privately to me that I'm "throwing rocks" at
Xconq.  What I'm really trying to do, is trigger frank discussion about
minor tweaks that I could actually "fix" in short order.  But I can't
fix anything until I know whether something is regarded as a bug, a
wart, or a feature.  Your frank comments please...

So, what is your CVS and testing culture?

Myself, I am a source control + testing fanatic.  I believe very
strongly in micro-incremental development using source control.  Check
out code, make a very small change, test it, check it in.  Wet, lather,
rinse, repeat, dozens of times a day.  Using this approach in my own
work, I've almost never put a bug into my source pool.  At least not in
any trivial way.  Sometimes I've made a major conceptual mistake when
the design gets complicated, but that will happen to anybody.  And
usually, my designs are KISS.

In other news, I've got everything but the SDL app built in VS 2003.
The latter is no great issue, it's just a question of what the "proper"
way to install SDL is on my machine to prevent DLL type mismatches.
This has not been a labor of "a few minutes" BTW, it has been a 2 day
project so far.  It builds; I still haven't tested whether it actually
works.  Once it does work, I'm sure it'll be another 2 days to
incorporate an installation packaging project.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.