Advances Through History bugs

When playing Advances Through History...

When I click to Build a city with my Settler, I am asked where I want to
build the city.  Well, where the Settler is, of course.  Nothing else
works, so why ask?

When I click to Build a unit within a city, I am asked where I want to
build it.  Apparently I can build it outside of my city.  Is that a bug,
or a deliberate tactical option?  If so, are the extra mouseclicks all
the time really worth it?  I mean, it may be a game mechanic, but it's
not realistic... soldiers don't magically spring up from farms, they get
their weapons and armor made in a city.  Anyways, what definitely feels
like a bug: I don't know how to relocate the "build ghost."  The obvious
idea of Building a new unit "back in the city" does not make it go away.

Independent cities build lotsa settlers that don't go anywhere.
Sometimes they build some troops, usually they don't.  Is that expected?
Makes them a bit of a cakewalk.

Experimentation determined that the city radius for resource extraction
is 2 hexes, but it would be nice to have that in the docs.  Also to have
some info about the 3 resources in the docs.  It is not clear, for
instance, that food is needed for city growth, or even how city growth
affects anything.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.