Re: cvs compilation problems

Hello Peter,

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Peter Garrone wrote:

> - tclConfig.h in debian was installed in /usr/lib/tcl8.3/tclConfig.h,
>    and the configure script was only looking in /usr/lib. The
>    standard option --with-tclconfig addressed this.

Right. This is why that option is available.

> - The header files tk.h, tcl.h, are installed in /usr/include/tcl8.3/*.h
>   and I could see no easy option to get the compiler to look there, from
>   configure, so I had to symbolically link from /usr/local/include

I looked in my tclConfig.sh, and did not see any easy way to pick
up the headers directory (i.e., the Tcl config does supply -I
flags). I suppose Xconq's aclocal.m4 can be made more intelligent
to check for this apparently Debian-specific layout. It is more
typical that tcl.h and tk.h reside in /usr/include....

> The final problem I The only target that the makefile
> will attempt to create is "all-tcltk", and the "tcltk" directory
> is the only directory that it enters and compiles.
> >From inspection of the Makefile,
> I could see no easy way to address this, or figure out what was wrong.

This is correct behavior, if you are simply doing make. The
default target is (and has been for some time) the tcltk
interface. (Incidentally, the tcltk interface also builds things
in the kernel and x11 directories as well.)

If you want other interfaces, you can do things like "make
all-xtconq", "make all-sdlconq", and "make all-cconq". Of the
interfaces, the Tcl/Tk interface is probably the one you want to
use though.

If you want Xconq to build another interface by default, you can
use the --enable-ui=UI configure flag that I added recently. See
"./configure --help" for details.

  Enjoy Xconq,