Availability of Xconq

Hello again,

I don't quite understand the argument about not wanting to advertize
unfinished xconq versions.  Isn't Xconq a game that will always be developed
further until at some point were another better game might take over and
make Xconq obsolete?

What I need and that I think many other non-programmers non-proficient
computer people need is an easy download. I'm not sure how much work it is
to place everything a player need to have in one directory but it doesn't
seem like that much work? At least the if you limit it to the most used
computer systems, like one for Unix, one for Windows, one for Linux or some
such.  Only the newest functioning version for each system is needed even if
that is only Xconq 5 for windows like I use.

It should contain a zipped file of every program that need to be installed
on your computer and a short readme file for how to install each needed
program.

At first glance you could think that this would only attract non-computer
proficient people to Xconq but that is not the case.  The more people play
Xconq the more people will hear about it, also proficient programmers.  Even
non-proficient people like me know very skilled programmers. For instance a
friend of mine from my university days created Crossfire, a unix game(I drew
the Behemoth, wohoo!). Although I've lost contact with him now it makes my
point; the more people play xconq the more people will hear about it.

So by making Xconq an easy accessible game should bring in many more people
who are interested in developing the code, and that is something that's very
much wanted right?

And also despite many people not being any use in programming or the
technical stuff needed to make programs work they can still make xconq
modules, you can still easily make different game modules by tinkering with
the game parameters. As I understand from this list the game parameters that
can be changed easily is greatly improved(?) from when I played Xconq 5.

-Andreas