Re: Re: Problems, suggestions, etc.

Hans Ronne:

>The default map font is 12 pt Helvetica. This looks good at normal
>resolutions, nut it may look big if you are running at 800 x 600. The main
>problem with the map fonts is that you really need to scale the sizes
>according to the magnification of the map. Otherwise it looks silly at
>small magnifications. I added such code earlier this year, but the price of
>this was (for now) fixed font sizes at each magnification. It may change in
>the future.

At magnification 5 or 6 the unit font names are an ok size, but at 4 or below
they really clutter up the screen.

>It's easy to remove the "unused" text. In fact, I already did that in the
>mac interface since it does look a little weird. Changing the order in
>which variant options (active or inactive) are shown is a little trickier.

I think that would be a nice change :). The order is fine, that was just an
alternative suggestion.

>Perhaps. These help nodes have to work with all interfaces, though, so
>changing their layout is not trivial. Not sure it is a hiogh priority right
>now.

The way I tried to do it (the only attempt I have made at hacking xconq), was
to add a new menu type `separator' that had `---' on the list on the left, and
returned nothing. Um, it didn't work.

Thanks, Richard.

Richard Hunt, 0102806h@student.gla.ac.uk