Unit View Options

I also think that the old unit positions is a useful
gameplay feature.  Regarding the question of how long
to leave them until purging, I would say leave it up
to the scenario designer, so that they can tweak it to
the particular time frame of the game.  It would be
interesting if you could implement a graphic
difference between older units, like a graying out, so
that you could differentiate between a recently
spotted unit and an old one.  Yes, not only did I
endorse the more difficult option, I also added a
feature request on top of it, I'm so sorry.

I think the information regarding see-always units
should take the form of your obvious fix: