Error handling

While testing my new game, I have occasionally run into strange problems
that cause Xconq to segfault.  Unfortunately, the only information that
Xconq gives me is "Fatal error encountered. Signal 11".  As far as I can
tell, there is no core dump, no GDL dump, nothing.

Wouldn't it make sense to do at least one kind of dump (a core dump or a
GDL dump) so that debugging is easier?  It would be especially helpful
when bugs surface unexpectedly (i.e. when I'm not running gdb).

--
Lincoln Peters <peters2000@mindspring.com>