Re: Windows binary

>I get an "insufficent memory" error from the Windows binary when I run on
>Win98 with 384M phsyicla/384M virtural.  On NT2000 with 512M/1024M I can
>run the stanadard game with default options without any problem.

Yes. This is the main problem with the Windows app right now, I would say.
There is something  that makes some xconq modules (but not all of them) eat
memory. Thus, I have been unable to run some modules with as much as 512M
physcial while others run fine with as little as 64M. I have not been able
to figure out what these modules have in common. Size does seem to matter,
but some big games will run fine while some very small ones always give the
memory error. I suspect that the image handling code is somehow involved.
Maybe there are certain images or display options that trigger some kind of
memory leak.

I would really appreciate it if you and others who have access to suitable
hardware could do a systematic testing and/or hacking of the game modules
and try to figure out what those modules that give the memory error have in
common. I'm sure that it will be easy to fix this bug once we have nailed
down the problem. The fact that some large modules work fine proves that
there is nothing seriously wrong with the Windows code. It is clearly a
memory bug, however, since all these modules will run on the mac with as
little as 32M.