Xconq tcltk interface shaping up

I have checked in a large number of bug fixes and improvements to the tcltk
interface in the last few weeks. Window focusing, window placement, font
usage etc. now all work without problems. Keyboard shortcuts have been
added to the startup dialogs. Double clicking of game list entries is
supported. The help, preferences, scores and research dialogs have all been
reorganized and a number of bugs affecting them have been fixed. All the
problems in the map drawing code (except one) have been fixed.

Another recent improvement is MA Dunzi's clickable links in the help window.

The tcltk interface is not as polished as the mac interface yet, but we are
getting there. Slowly. Those of you who haven't done a recent checkout may
want to do so in order to enjoy the latest improvements.

A couple of more kernel bugs have also been fixed. The notorious "bad
ttype" error should now finally be history. Units no longer disappear when
they cross the date line, and a bug causing occupants to be saved in the
wrong place has been fixed. We finally seem to be running out of kernel
bugs (touch wood).

Bug reports are still welcome, particularly for the Windows interface. As
already pointed out, test binaries for Windows and Mac (both TCL and PPC
versions of the latter) are available on the following page:

http://w1.694.telia.com/~u69400018/

They have been updated today with the latest bug fixes. Most of the new
stuff is in tkconq.tcl, however, so getting a fresh update from the cvs
repository is just as important. The new binaries will not work with old
lib and tcl script files.

Hans

P.S. If you do a cvs checkout you may see the "file x is in the way" errors
just discussed on the list. They are harmless and will not affect the
checkout itself.

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se