Re: more bugs! save/restore crazyness

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 23:36, Steven S. Dick wrote:
> In this situation, the  "Find unit by name" dialog tells that there are
> two cities by the given name, but it neglects to show where either of
> them are.  It would be nice if it could possibly show the first one,
> and offer a NEXT button or something like that.

Another problem I've noticed occurs if a unit has no name (e.g. 1st
infantry, 2nd town).  If, for example, I'm looking for my 1st infantry,
I go to the "Find unit by name" dialog, type in "1st infantry", and no
matches are found.  It can be quite annoying on large maps when I can't
find my units.

By the way, my suggestion for handling multiple units of the same name
would be that, instead of a single "Find" button, there should be a
"Previous" and a "Next" button, so that the player can easily cycle
through the units matching the given criteria.  It would also be very
helpful if some sort of flashing mechanism (i.e. what should happen when
a player presses 'v') could actually be implemented.