Re: research bugs in advances

>There seems to be a few more bugs triggered by advances...

I have now checked in fixes for these problems.

>First, if I save the game and reload it from the save file,
>it immediately brings up the research dialog box with the initial contents,
>as if nothing had been researched yet.  (Is this another uninitialized
>variable?)

Not exactly. What happened was that the canresearch vector got precomputed
before the underlying data had been read from the saved file.

>Second, I have a fairly advanced game with only a handful of stuff left
>to research, so I just clicked on REST and built up 1000 ideas without
>the next one I needed ever being started...so I saved the game and restored
>it and was able to immediately use up the 1000 points and clear out the next
>5 items in the list...in other words, REST doesn't seem to work.

REST is not supposed to stop the flow of ideas, just their use. Think of it
as saving money in the bank. But while looking into this, I found that
there was no way to get the research dialog back if you dismissed it using
REST. So I have now added a "Research" item in the Windows menu that brings
it back if required.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se