Re: Up next: facility_worth?

That's the way it looked to me.  You need some way to ensure that the AI
knows what to build and why.  I don't know if a generic PLAN_BUILD could
do that or not.

It does seem that there is significant overlap between the current
PLAN_IMPROVING and the other plans.  The most obvious example I can
think of is that city walls and barracks could be considered defensive
units.  Maybe construction of defensive (and possibly repair) facilities
should be made into a subsection of the defensive plan, and
PLAN_IMPROVING should only deal with growth/production facilities
(granaries, factories, amulets of power...).  By the same logic,
offensive facilities (e.g. the Ring of Power, the Lightning Stone) could
be handled by a subsection of the offensive plan.