RE: More revisions to exploring_worth

>On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 15:07, Hans Ronne wrote:
>> I think the best solution might be to add support for absolute attack and
>> defend values in combat model 0. This would give us the best from both
>> models. And it is actually similar to how Civ III works. I started to look
>> at this a few months ago, and it did not seem like an Herculean task.
>
>Maybe that's not necessary.  Maybe it would be possible to write a
>script that would read through a game module and create a hit-chance
>table based on all of the attack/defend values.

That would kind of defeat the purpose, which was getting rid of the
hit-chance table. I would rather write a script that converts it into
attack and defend values, since they are easier to handle both for the AI
and the game designer. But I do think hacking the combat code is the way to
go in this case. It should be possible to support both methods in it.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se