Re: More revisions to exploring_worth

>Thanks.  The percentiles are one part of the code that still generally
>eludes my understanding, so I'll take your word for that.

Took me some time to figure them out. It's not one of the more lucid parts
of xconq.

>The first thing I can think of would be an inverse relation, such as
>worth *= 1/CP.  Although I'd imagine you've already tried something like
>that.  What if the numerator was somehow related to the number of known
>cells, how many the unit could explore, and how many other types of
>units could explore that area?

Actually, a simple division by cps could work in this particular case,
since other units do not appear in the formula. It's only when the hit
tables get involved (as they do in the attack and defend formulas) that
things get messed up. So I suggest that you try this next. Hopefully,
destroyers will be more worth than battleships then.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se