Re: Two more AI bugs

>What I meant was that if there were more people writing game modules,
>having more games with their own tricks would allow us to more easily
>figure out what the AI's missing.  Of course, it is also important to
>have people who can then program the AI to be able to figure out those
>games.

Ideally, you should do both. Most of the features that I added to xconq
(e.g. research, advanced units, the rapid reaction AI code) came from
attempts to write new game modules, and finding limitations in the existing
code.

I'm not suggesting that everybody who writes game modules should also hack
the kernel, but if you want to do the latter you need to be very familiar
with how the games work. So writing new games is an excellent starting
point if you want to hack xconq.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se