Re: ...and the AI's decision-process around resignation

> Personally, I prefer if the AI does not resign at all, but keeps
> fighting to the last unit. This makes for a more interesting game,
> particularly when playing against several AI opponents.

Well, yes, if you have (for example) 2 strong players and one weak
one, it probably is more interesting if the weak player doesn't resign
(although it might not matter a huge amount, as the weak player will
get conquered shortly at least in a game in which one captures
cities).  But if you have 1 strong player, and any number of weak
players, it really gets tedious if the weak ones don't resign.
Especially since this tends to be late in the game when there are a
lot of units to move.

So rewrite the resignation algorithm, sure.  Maybe something based on
number of can_build units would work?  Or even offensive_worth and
defensive_worth (although it would be hard to deal with whether units
are occupants and thus can't be directly seen).  Just make it harder
(or impossible) to resign?  Doesn't seem like an improvement, IMHO.