Re: side names are displayed with gray color

>all of the side names in the side list pane are displayed with gray color
>right from the start,in Xconq 7.5pre 2002-03-03(tkmain.c rev 1.99) or later.

You are right. I was wondering what was causing this. The problem seems to
be that run_game must be called at least once before init_redraws in the
tcltk interface in order to avoid this gray color. There used to be an
extra run_game call in launch_game before the real game started, but it was
causing desynch in network games where one or more sides were running under
mplayer control, which is why I removed it. This was not an issue until I
fixed the network code so that running sides under mplayer control actually
became possible on the tcltk interface ...

I am reluctant to change the startup sequence again since I don't want the
synch errors back. Perhaps this can be fixed inside the side list pane code
instead? It should not be too difficult to set the black color explicitly,
if this is the only problem. Has anybody noticed anything else strange in
the tcltk interface after March 3 that could be related to this bug?

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se