Re: printable online docs

(He speaks! :-) )

Erik Jessen wrote:

> Which docs are the official, maintained ones?  The HTML or the .texi?

.texi files are the "source".  You can go from those to html, dvi,
postscript, pdf, Emacs info files, etc.  All of these conversions
lose information, so none of the output formats are a substitute.
(A good DocBook conversion would not lose info though.)

> I converted most of the game .texi into a clean Word format, with a TOC.

Was this automated?  I'd hate to have to do manual conversion
every time the master doc is updated...