Re: Some Misc Questions (Long)

>A "force pool" basically says that one can only build so many units of each
>type available,
>and more of each type (or new types) become available upon various
>conditions (time,
>being attacked, capturing some objective, etc.).

You can use country-units-max, type-in-game-max and type-per-side-max to
limit the number of units. The new units could be defined as a new unit
type (even if similar to one of the old) that becomes available after a
certain advance or tech level (which could be achieved more or less
automatically at a certain point).

>Also, many games have breakdown/buildup, where the whole is often greater
>than the sum
>of the parts.  And there are various restrictions on when units can break
>down/convert/etc.

You do have support for composite units in xconq. I have never used them
myself, so I'm not familiar with the details.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se