Another XConq question

[De-lurking ....]

I wish I had the time to help at least with (play-) testing,
like I did in my grad school days.  Working at a start-up
tends to limit me to just reading the traffic on the mailing
list.  (As an aside to Jim Kingdon:  since I live in San
Jose, and have DSL connectivity, I would like to try to
schedule at least one game with you at some point in the
not-so-distant future.  XConq against AIs, even 15 of them,
does tend to become boring.  B-)

Something I brought up back when I installed and tried version
7.4.1 is the issue with cylindrical worlds.  I did try also
the SDL version, but I think the problem is more fundamental
than at the viewer level.  Basically, cylindrical worlds are
not well supported.  There are some peculiar bugs that appear
when a world is so designed.

I understand this is not a really huge problem, given all the
other issues discussed recently, but I thought I'd toss it
out there to see if anyone might have some ideas on how to
solve it.

Okay, I'll go back to hiding quietly now.  B-)

				Bob Carragher

[Lurk]