From: A. Rick Anderson
To: xconq7
Sent: 2/7/02 12:08 PM
Subject: JConq

Let me restate this question.  Best practices by virtually every
commercially successful strategy game has been to use squares, not
hexagons
as the basis of game design.

If XConq was re-written in Java using a square-based grid system, how
much
of the existing algorithms and games designs would be rendered
worthless.

Stan threw down the gauntlet (not that I didn't deserve it :-), so I am
looking more seriously at the possibilities of a JConq and seeing what
it
would take.