Re: GBerg Brigade Level Game

Stan> gbisset@juno.com wrote:
>>  Gents,
>>
>> I am working on the GBerg module trying to develop a brigade level
>> game that suits me, and I am having trouble understanding how to
>> modify the combat effects. Is there anyone interested in tactical
>> level games that can give me some advice?

Stan> Combat model 0 is probably the right way to go, since at the
Stan> brigade tactical level it's more common to have units retreat or
Stan> surrender than for them to automatically fight to the death.

Stan> This model falls down for gettysburg.g in a couple related
Stan> areas: it doesn't account for being attacked from several sides,
Stan> and there is no penalty for being completely surrounded.

With zoc-range set to 0, and retreat-chance set to something like 80%,
units will generally retreat, rather than get hit, unless completely
surrounded.  with zoc-range 1, you can surround with 3 units.

Even better might be 2 infantry types.  infantry and demoralized
infantry.  Infantry when "wrecked" change into demoralized infantry,
who have a retreat-chance of 100, and some reasonable amount of
acp-for-retreat, and otherwise just performs production actions to
become the normal infantry type.  Have the infantry regenerate some
reasonable number of hp/turn, so it takes multiple units bashing on
them to get their hp down to 0, and I think everything behaves just
right...

  -Eric