Re: networked games

>OK, Derek and I tried to play a network game tonight and this is what
>we found:
>
>* Without the sequential play option, having the two xconq's get out
>  of sync was swift (turn 5 or so I think).
>
>* With sequential play, we would last maybe 20 or 40 turns.  Then they
>  would get out of sync.  I believe this happened at the end of a turn
>  both times.

There are a number of features for which the network sync is broken right
now. Any game with research or advances in it, for example. And if you try
to switch the ai on or off you also fall out of sync. But on top of that,
there are some random or rare events involving references to dead units
that can cause a game to fall out of sync. So if you play a simple game
like Flattops, it works without problems most of the time, but sometimes it
falls out of sync. What game did you test?

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se