WWII Advanced Game

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to get the
armored units in the WWII Advanced games (like WWII Europe Jan 42)
to move more than one square per turn -- they immediately run
out of oil. They're near cities, so they should be in supply.
In fact they usually do get refilled the next turn. It is very
odd (and annoying) though that I can't get them to go more than
one square -- they end up being much less mobile than the
infantry, for example.

Is this a bug? If not, could someone tell me how to have the
units avoid running out of oil immediately? (And perhaps this
should be added to the docs, if it's an FAQ).

Thanks,