Re: repairing units in standard game

"Burke, Byron" wrote:

> I am using Xconq for MS Windows version 7.2.96 (Mar 2000) playing the
> standard game.  I'm relatively new to Xconq so forgive me if these are dumb
> questions.
>
> Is there a way to repair units such as bombers or troop transports?  There
> is a repair menu option that doesn't seem to work.

The repair menu item only works for units repairing themselves or
their transports.  In the standard game, repair is automatic for
ships and aircraft occupying cities - just let them sit for a
couple turns.

> Is there any documentation (other than the manual at
> http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/manual/xconq_1.html or the online help
> started with a '?') about how to play the standard game?  I have other
> general questions that neither seem to answer.

No, you've found the two main sources of info.  This is one of the
biggest holes in the implementation; games in the library don't have
adequate documentation, and the available infrastructure is weak
and discourages extensive documentation of the rules.  Comments in
the .g files are useful, but are written for programmers not players.

In the meantime, feel free to ask on this list.