my two cents on networked games

As nearly as I can tell, the remote protocol is not close to working.
Even if normal playing a game can be fixed, most of the obscure
features (e.g. hitting the "people" menu item) seem to not be
implemented.  In general, there are multiple bugs, not just one or
two, as far as I can tell/guess.

I tried to look at what would be involved in getting the tcltk code to
drive multiple X displays the way that the old Xt code did.  The
primitives seem to exist in tk (-screen option to the toplevel
command).  Of course the xconq code would need to keep all the
relevant data in structures, of which it could allocate one for each
display.  Around the time I started looking around to figure out how
close the code is to this, I got distracted and it seemed better to
spout off than to just ignore the question.

Speed is not a big consideration either way as far as I know - either
X or the remote protocol is likely to be too slow to play over a
28.8kbps or similar modem.  More of a hunch than a careful analysis,
though....