Re: Uses for change-type action?

 I was toying with the Western game, where each unit was an individual person.  I was trying to use the change-type action to represent a person who had been aiming at someone else.  My intention was to change-type from PERSON to PERSON-WITH-AIM-2, which was a type that had no movement allowance, but had an improved to-hit percentage.  This represents the fact that a person who is aiming cannot move without losing his aim.  a PERSON-WITH-AIM-2 can change-type to PERSON-WITH-AIM-4, who would have even better hit-percentages.  In order to do anything except shoot, the PERSON-WITH-AIM-x would have to change-type back to PERSON.

In short, I was trying to use change-type to change the to-hit percentages for a unit.  The trick would have been to see if an AI-controlled unit would recognize that a unit it could change to had better hit odds than the unit that it currently was.  Of course, the strategy would be, do I continue aiming and get better odds, or do I get a quicker shot off and hope it hits?

I stopped working on it until the new Windows port is ready.

Steve

Before you buy.