Re: Movement commands

Bob Carragher wrote:

> [De-lurking ... ]
>
> Hello!
>
> I recently downloaded and installed version 7.3.  As this was
> the first version since 5.3 (!!) that I really playtested, I
> was surprised to see all the (positive) differences!

Released from our fallout shelter after 30 years, were we? :-)

> There
> was one point that caught me off guard, and I'm wondering if
> perhaps I'm doing something wrong.  In that old, old version,
> when one went into "examine mode(?)" (by pressing "z"), one
> could examine sectors near the last focus point by using the
> movement keys (y, u, l, etc.) as well as the mouse.  Now it
> appears that that is no longer the case.  In particular, if
> a unit with non-zero ACP was the previous focus, then it
> actually moves!!!  Am I missing something obvious?

Yes, this is all deliberate.  The mouseover line displays all
the information that the old click-on-empty-cell behavior got
you, and the code had to have a bunch of weird special cases
to handle the possibility that a location was selected, but
that nothing was in it.