Re: Xconq vs tcl 8.1

Takayuki Yamaizumi wrote:

>   Stan, I have noticed your mail today (on June 14), so sorry for
> delaying.
>
> stan> Has anybody successfully used Xconq with tcl 8.1 instead of 8.0?
> stan> I thought I was using 8.1, but my RH 6.1 system only seems to
> stan> have 8.0, and there's been a report of mysterious crashes if 8.1
> stan> is used.
>
>   I've installed xconq which had been compiled by pgcc-2.95.3 and play
> it with tcl 8.2.3. Xconq with tcl 8.2.3 almost works fine for me, but I
> sometime see the warning message saying that  "Warning s1 infantry b 9
> (-1,-1,in,-1) is inside a dead transport" when I play "Gazala Battles,
> 1942". I've seen this kind of warning message when I played at either side
> (Axis or British side).

Great, so maybe it's just 8.1 that should be avoided.  The message
is almost certainly not due to tcl versions.  I'm guessing you had a
unit in a minefield that was cleared (those should be very hard to
deal with, but I don't see a protection rule in gazala.g, sigh),
but I tried it myself and didn't get a warning.  The message itself
is purely a sanity check and shouldn't affect gameplay, but the next
time you see it, if you could save the game right after OKing and
dismissing the warning, and mail me the file, I would certainly
appreciate it!