Re: Xconq 7.3 branch created!

Keir Novik wrote:

> I've just updated to the current cvs release and noticed a few things.
> Xconq now uses /var/lib/xconq/scores -- shouldn't this be affected by the
> configure "--prefix" ?  Also, why /var/lib instead of /usr/local/lib ?

This is part of the "Filesystem Hierarchy Standard" (FHS) - /usr is
supposed to be able to be read-only, so programs mustn't expect to
write on it by default.  /var is the home of common writeable stuff.

Yes, there should be a configure option to control this, but autoconf
apparently needs to be updated to handle correctly.

> Finally, my "make install" dies with
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/keir/apps/cvs/xconq/images'
> Makefile:56: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> (I use "./configure --with-xpm --prefix=/keir/apps")

Could you send me a copy of the makefile please?  I tried this
configure (but with /tmp instead instead of /keir/apps) and got
no complaints from the install.