Re: GDL (was Re: Mailing List Split)

"Eric R. Smith" wrote:

> Is there provision in GDL for changing units hit chances based on their
> hp
> (something like the way damaged units can be set to move more slowly)?

No.  Probably a good idea to add though!  You can get an approximation
by using acp-damage-effect and giving a healthy unit multiple attacks
per turn, so the net effect of a turns' worth of combat is less if
the unit is damaged.

> Or
> alternatively, when a unit is "destroyed" can it be automatically
> changed
> into another kind of unit?

That's what "wrecks" are for.  For instance, destroyed tanks in panzer.g
turn into flaming wrecks that are obstacles, while destroyed trucks just
disappear.

> Then one could have units like "infantry",
> "damaged infantry", "disorganized rabble". I guess the Tokyo scenario
> already shows that this can be done, in principle. Turning the
> "disorganized
> rabble" back into a real unit could be done by building. Can leaders be
> made
> to assist this process somehow?

Wrecking is pretty much a one-way process.  I suppose a leader could build
a new unit from materials cannibalized from the wreck.