Re: What to do with Xconq

I was going to write a long message, but James Dunson has just done a
better job than I would have.  So, aside from saying "hear, hear" to what
he wrote...

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, James R. Dunson wrote:

> * A multi-scale game, where players could "zoom in" on critical battles
> and handle them on a new map.

One problem with this is that each scale will have different rules, making
the game (perhaps) overly complicated.  Otherwise, I love it...

> Special terrain could be stored explicitly, but most terrain would be
> generated semi-randomly (but repeatably, so with a seed somewhere) based
> on the "over" hex, and perhaps it's neighbors.

In the case of a scenario on Earth, we could provide a pre-generated set
of maps (one for each possible scale) generated from satellite images.

--
Keir Novik                               E-mail: K.E.Novik@qmw.ac.uk
Computing Officer                         Phone: +44 (0)20 7882-7759