[erik.jessen@home.com: Re: Saving Games in Xconq]

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:14:15 -0800
From: Erik Jessen <erik.jessen@home.com>
Subject: Re: Saving Games in Xconq

Stan,
I've noticed this:
If people want to cheat, they always find a way.
And everyone else figures out that person out soon enough.
So, don't spend time making the game cheat-proof; you'll never
succeed.  Instead, put time into making the game as fun & playable as
possible.
that way, if you find yourself playing with a cheater, you can find a
number
of new people to play with instead.

I prefer the ASCII file approach; one question: does the parser cope
with all styles of CR/LF?  I.e. I could save a game under NT & load it
under UNIX?  And please don't look at the first line & assume all
the others have the same CR/LF format; there are editors that save files
with a mix.... (argghhhh).

Regards, and keep up the good work!

Erik