Re: Game customization

> This would of course make the independents truly independent. They would even
> fight each other, which is not possible now. However, I strongly suspect that
that would be nice :D

> running more than 100 AI sides would bring xconq to its knees, particularly
> during network games. Right now, the upper limit on the number of sides is 32,
> I believe.
hmmmm why is there a limit? i mean other than  a practical one? And as far as
i understood, we have a quite hybrid design, how hard would be the move to a
true client server design? And is there any way to put the mplayer outside the
server?
I am playing around with CORBA at the moment and like it quite much, so as far
as i could see it wouldn't be too hard to let the distributed mplayers contact
the server using such a mechanism.... but on the other hand at the moment i
try to finnish (really this time ;) very hard my PhD.... so i have no time to
try to code this into xconq...

> This was with a fully enabled mplayer running the independent side, and the
> barbarian invasion was pretty overwhelming (just as in real history). My
very interesting!

> expectation is that a lobotomized mplayer will produce behaviour similar to
> that of the barbarians in Civ - units would about semi-randomly and attack
> anything in their immediate neighbourhood.
yep exactly what is needed....

and i would really love to have upgradeable cities in standard :D
so please make it a game option!

--
ciao bboett
bboett@earthling.net