Re: lib-x11

   From: bob@fla.fujitsu.com (Bob Carragher)
   Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:57:25 -0700

   Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> sez:

   > Does anybody actually use lib-x11?  It's supposed to be a home for
   > bitmaps and such that have not been integrated into imf files in lib,
   > but the standard distribution doesn't use it, and there are problems
   > with installing the dir.  With the availability of the images dir, it
   > seems simpler just to whack lib-x11.

   I'm a little confused.  Do you mean /usr/local/X11/lib/libX11.so?  Isn't
   that the standard X library?  Or do you mean /usr/local/X11/lib/X11/...?

Heh, shows how obscure this feature is... Unix Xconq has the ability
to load additional image bitmaps from <xconqdir>/lib-x11, in addition
to the image data it normally collects from <xconqdir>/lib and
<xconqdir>/images. The theory was supposed to be that you could be
editing on a unit's bitmap, put it in lib-x11 and see its effect right
away, rather than having to run x2imf and modify imf.dir etc.  So this
is a convenience for game designers more than anything else.  But if
nobody is using it, no point to retaining...