Re: A lame question (or, the little Pentium that couldn't)

On  4 Jan, Stan Shebs wrote:

>    From: dlawson@gsc.net
>    Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:54:27 -0500 (EST)
>
>    I just grabbed the 7.2.88 stuff from ftp.cygnus.com and tried to get
>    the tcl/tk ui working but could not.  I know absolutely nothing about
>    Tcl and so I was wondering if some kind soul could tell me how to run
>    the Tcl version of the UI.  Note: I'm on a Linux box not a Mac.  Thanks
>    for the help and the cool game.

Lots of hints omitted... Thanks...

> Anyway, that's the basic set of things you have to do.  What kinds of
> problems are you encountering?
>
> 							Stan

Thanks for the tips, I got tkconq working but have a question about the
performance.  When I run xconq, it is at a minimum 10x faster than the
tkconq interface.  When I say 10x faster I am NOT exagerating.  I'm
wondering if my poor computer is too slow for this or not.  I have a
dual 150 MHz Pentium Pro running Linux.  Any clues or am I hardware
deficient :(

	Dave