Re: cNon-developer comments and reports on 7.2

On 30 Apr 1998, Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> My home computer is a i486/66, so I am very sensitive to speed issues
> ;-).  gtk has an important advantage: it is becoming the "official"
> Linux toolkit (maybe even *the* GNU toolkit?), so it's going to be
> developed and supported; documentation is getting there (although an
> O'Reilly book would be nice).  I plan to look in depth at gtk Real
> Soon Now, I tried last year but it was too early.  gshowimf?
Yeah! :) i can only second this, even if i am a simple player :) BTW the gtk
looks quite good too ;)

> I think a fully clickable magnified view of the current cell would be
> extremely useful; it would eliminate most {'ing and }'ing, e.g. it's
> quite common to have to pick a unit in a cramped cell and move it to a
> distant destination.  I would be ready to shrink other subwindows to
> make room.
yep for example the list of units on the right side, which usefulness isn't
quite clear to me BTW, since we are there this list doesn't need to be that
large, since only some numbers are displayed inside....

What happened to the request form someone to display the icons in this list in
normal mode and not in reverse? And since we are there, how about magnifying
these icons such a way that they fit narrower the cell size?

ciao
bboett
acount at earthling net
http://erm6.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
Unsolicited commercial email is NOT welcome at this email address
To contact me replace acount by bboett in above addresses