Re: New Xconq Features

   Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:56:50 +0200 (MET DST)
   From: Jan Jona Javorsek <jan.javorsek@guest.arnes.si>

   I find new features very interesting but of course it is not for me to
   tell whether they are going to enter the realm of standard Xconq.

Code is already sucked in, so will be part of next snapshot!

   But I observed that "points accumulated by side" is a concept that I guess
   was lacking in GDL (perhaps just I never found out it was there): general
   side material/substance. Such as money. That shoudl be beneralised.

I've been playing Age of Empires a bit, and noticed that materials such
food and wood are per-unit while your villagers are carrying them back
from the forest, but that they disappear into the per-side accumulation
when delivered to a warehouse-type unit.  So it seems worthwhile to add
the ability to let any type of material have a per-side amount, but
control when/how it's per-unit or per-side.

It's not, however, clear to me whether "money" has additional
distinguishing properties not shared by any sort of material.
For instance, while other materials might have prices, money
itself does not.  It's possible that "money-ness" is a property
of a material, although multiple material types each considered
"money" is pretty weird.  (Note this is different from having
"gold" and "silver" materials, each of which would have a
monetary value distinct from the abstract concept of money.)