Re: New Xconq Features

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Hans Ronne wrote:

> >I find new features very interesting but of course it is not for me to
> >tell whether they are going to enter the realm of standard Xconq.
> >
> That is of course for Stan to decide.
>
> >But I observed that "points accumulated by side" is a concept that I guess
> >was lacking in GDL (perhaps just I never found out it was there): general
> >side material/substance. Such as money. That shoudl be beneralised.
> >
> >Jan Javorsek
>
> Excellent point. A global treasury for each side (side->cash) would make
> sense. For other materials, you could argue that they should not be as easy
> to move as cash or ideas, so they should still be linked to specific units.

Actually I'd prefer to see a global "material per side" variable, and the
ability for certain units to perform "material_unit_to_global" and
"material_global_to_unit" actions to do the transfers.  It's probably
worth considering generic approaches to automatic transfer of materials
from global to unit stores, and visa-versa.

Andrae Muys.

Andrae Muys              "I have no wish to recite ... stratagems, for they
andrae@humbug.org.au     have all the same end in view, which is, to oblige
My stuff, Linux stuff        the enemy to make unnecessary marches in favor
http://www.uq.edu.au/~cmamuys/   of our own designs." - Fredrick the Great.