Re: Xconq Snapshot 7.1.92

Marcus Schrattenholzer <1schratt@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>  writes:

> I built the latest release under Linux, no problem.
> Under Solaris, still X stuff is not found automatically (resides on this
> system, among other locations, in /usr/X11R6.3).
> Further, user games and group bin seem not to be standard facilities; at
> least in this environment they do not exist.

Under Solaris 2.5.1, generic install, there is no such UID as
"games."  The same is true for SunOS.

For both Solaris 2.5.1 and SunOS, group bin has a GID of 2.

If there are no files that are setuid under xconq, then it
should be fine to set the user ownership to "root."  (Or to
the UID of whoever installs it.)  Otherwise, if you're really
paranoid about security, how about user "nobody" and group
"nogroup?"

(Note that "nobody" has ID 65534 under SunOS and 60001 under
Solaris.  User ID 65534 under Solaris is known as "nobody4."
However, group "nogroup" has ID 65534 under both SunOS and
Solaris, although Solaris defines another group, "nobody,"
with ID 60001.)

				Bob Carragher