[QUESTION] Is it safe to use lock in systemtap tapset?

Hi,
I am searching for some information about lock usage in the systemtap tapset.
Is it safe to use lock in systemtap tapset?
Maybe the answer is different for tapset used in different context
(timers, kernel.function, process.function, etc.)?
Which kind of lock should I use in the tapset?

Thanks for any reply.