Re: Function send_a_relocation()

There are some constraints I have to deal with in a commercial
product. My goal is to reduce the number of dependencies when I am
installing the driver generated by STAP. Replacing of
systemtap_runtime package is one of the things I am considering.

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:07 PM, David Smith <dsmith@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03/01/2017 05:28 AM, Arkady wrote:
>> I will add a background here. I was trying to insmod the precompiled
>> driver without reliance on systemtap_runtime package. I have had a
>> crazy idea to package the kernel module in an RPM without dependency
>> on systemtap_runtime.rpm
>
> What are your reasons for wanting to run systemtap modules without the
> systemtap_runtime rpm?

A commercial entity insists on making the deployment RPM as light as