Re: trouble with installation of systemtap3-0 on Ubuntu 14.04

leonconstantin.fopa wrote:

> [...]
> removing libjson-c-dev was a good move.
> However I still get and error when I run make install.
> [...]
> ! LaTeX Error: File `html.sty' not found.

That comes from the old latex2html package.  If you can't get a hold
of that, configure your systemtap build tree with "--disable-docs".
Then it won't try to build the tutorial etc.

> It looks like something when wrong on documentation compilation.
> So I am not sure if the installation was successfull or not.

Indeed - it looks unsuccessful:

> Additionally running ./stap on cache-hit-rate.stp(available here
> [...]
> semantic error: while resolving probe point: identifier 'vfs' at
> ../../scripts/systemtap/cache-hit-rate.stp:3:7
>         source: probe vfs.read {
>                       ^
>
> semantic error: probe point mismatch (similar: procfs, end, never,
> perf, begin): identifier 'vfs' at :3:7
> [...]

This indicates that the tapset files were not installed.
(A "make -k install" should fix this, even with the broken docs.)